Noya Chiropractic is closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19. We continue to focus on the safety and well-being of our clients, employees, and the community that we serve. Noya Chiropractic will currently remain open to see patients on a limited basis, as explained below. We will reassess daily as more information becomes available. We are following and exceeding all DC Department of Health and CDC recommendations.
We ask that any clients who have a cough, fever, or any other flu-like symptoms to remain at home. If you have traveled to a region of high incidents or have a known exposure, please do not visit the office for at least 14 days.
- We reduced scheduling to less than half our standard frequency. This will increase social distancing, eliminate wait time, and give us extra time to sanitize between patients.
- We sanitize with anti-bacterial wipes all surfaces touched by our clients after each visit. That includes the chiropractic tables, the hydro table, the therapeutic exercise equipment, dressing rooms, front desk, doorknobs and other commonly touched areas.
- The front desk and physical therapy room are equipped with hand sanitizers and ask that patients use hand sanitizers upon arriving and before leaving each location.
- We have eliminated the self-check-in procedure.
- On March 13th, we installed a second set of adjusting equipment to allow for more social distancing and time to disinfect equipment between clients.
- We have increased the frequency of our professional office cleaning.
- We will not accept any walk-in appointments as it may increase waiting time and decrease social distancing.
We realize many patients are dependent on chiropractic care and came to this decision after careful deliberation and thought. We believe we are an important part of our clients’ wellness-strategy and want to be here to serve our clients.
We also want to remind everyone that now more than ever, it is essential to support your body to maintain a healthy immune system. Here are some tips that we recommend:
- Get sufficient sleep: It can’t be overstated how critical getting enough sleep is for your health and staying well. Aim for at least 7-8 hours/night.
- Eat fresh whole foods: lots of greens, healthy fats, and quality proteins.
- Exercise daily – every measurable health metric improves with regular exercise.
- Avoid sugar and processed vegetable oils – these foods weaken your body in general and your immune system in particular.
- Take at least 5 grams of vitamin C daily (best is the ascorbate form instead of the ascorbic acid).
- Remember, too, that Probiotics are a first line of defense within the body’s immune system.
- Get regular chiropractic care. The integration between the nervous system and the immune system is critical for proper/optimal health and healing. Numerous studies have demonstrated the link between regular chiropractic care and improved immune function.
- Follow the common-sense recommendations such as regularly washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, etc.